Mountain Animal Hospital Center offers a progressive new approach to long term veterinary care in the Vail Valley.
Our Wellness Program embraces a focus on preventative medicine based on the specific life-stage of your pet. Each patient is assessed individually based on factors such as species, breed, age, and environmental challenges. Then we offer recommendations for prevention, nutrition, and diagnostic work-ups appropriate for your pet.
Our role is to educate you on those procedures and medications especially beneficial for your pet. This allows us to be more flexible with our recommendations, and gives you more control of your pets' healthcare.
The key to our Wellness Program is an emphasis on the annual health examination. Each year when your pet comes in to our Eagle animal hospital center they will receive a comprehensive physical exam and age appropriate ancillary diagnostics (such as blood pressure screening, parasite tests and blood work) to screen for early signs of disease. It is recommended that senior cats and dogs have exams twice a year.
For participants in the Mountain Animal Hospital Center Wellness Program, any vaccinations due at the time of the annual exam will be given at current participant rates. Patients with health-related concerns will be recommended more advanced diagnostics when needed. More frequent re-evaluations will most-likely become necessary for those pets with ongoing illnesses.
For dogs over 1 year old who have had vaccines, the Wellness Program exam includes:
- 3 year Da2PP vaccine
- 1 year Leptospirosis vaccine
- 3 year Rabies vaccine
- 6 months Bordetella vaccine
- Fecal Antigen test
- Heartworm test
- Heartworm prevention is recommended for year around internal parasite control.
- Flea/tick prevention is also recommended in the summertime.
- An annual wellness blood screen is also recommended starting at 1 year old to establish a baseline and monitor internal organ function over time.
For cats over 1 year old, the Wellness Program exam includes:
- 3 year Feline Distemper vaccine
- 1 year Feline Leukemia vaccine
- 3 year Feline Rabies vaccine
- Fecal exam
- Deworm medication is recommended if they are hunters
- Tick and flea protection is recommended in the summertime
Please contact us for more information or to enroll your pet in the Wellness Program.